Friday, September 08, 2006

Only a Woman Knows (and Loyd)

I dressed up for work today. I'm wearing a pretty dress and I decided on some sensible flats. Nothing that I thought would be bad for work when I got dressed today. Little did I know the torture I would be in today because of the dreaded nylons. The top of the waistband is digging into my expanding bellie! I can't seem to find a spot where they want to stay either. It's like trying to fit a hair rubber band on and egg. The top either wants to curl down past my bellie or I have to pull it way up over the top. Well, they don't actually reach to the top of my bellie (which would probably have been my preferred position today). I think this is a new form of torture for pregnant women. Now I know what you're thinking/saying to yourself, "She's a fool! They make maternity nylons!" All I have to say is that I'm only 12 weeks along. I haven't really needed anything maternity yet (although I have to admit it might be time to invest in some new clothes). My need for nylons today was sort of a last minute thing. I didn't plan it. I will not be wearing these again anytime soon. Trust me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For now, just go up to queen size - the waistbands are bigger & they are not as expensive as maternity pantyhose. As you have guessed, this is a problem that won't soon go away.

Anonymous said...

You can solve the entire problem by not wearing pantyhose.

the narrator said...

Are you saying that I'm fat? or that I occasionally enjoy dressing up in women's clothing?

Either way, you're right on both counts.

Katie said...

There is no way I would have worn them all day. I would have ripped those suckers off the minute they became uncomf!

Anth said...

Nylons are totally out. So don't fret about ripping them off your pregnant body (congrats by the way!!!).
Just wait til you get bigger...LDS clothing (you know what I mean) will refuse to fit correctly!!! Even the maternity stuff!

TRS said...

Okay - seriously, who still wears pantyhose? Use the pregnancy as an excuse to forego them... then never put them on again. Never. Do you hear me?

In my world, pantyhose are for funerals and job interviews. They serve no other purpose.

(Of course they're coming out with all these darling tights for fall... but I deal with that with a cute pair of boots.)