Thursday, September 07, 2006

Two-Face

There are two things which I delight in "arguing" with my husband about. The first one is where, exactly, does the line for my half of the bed lie. The second one has to do with decorating. I like to "debate" with him over these things because we both know that in the end it really doesn't matter what answer we come up with. For example, when the "my side of the bed" argument was inititated I finally decided that the true line for my side of the bed lies approximately 3.5 inches from his edge of the bed. To that he decided that the whole top of the mattress must really be my half and his half lay in the air approximately 6 inches above the bed. Of course to get to his half of the bed he needed my help by laying directly on top of me squishing my guts out. Anyway, now it doesn't really matter whose half of the bed it is, if you want to sleep there, go for it.

We are currently in the throws of a towel rack debate. I say we need a new one he says our current system is OK. Last night the "argument" became completely comical when I stuck to my it'll look better and be better for drying towels point and he stuck to his we don't really need to change anything or spend any money at all point. I do have to concede that we don't really need it, but he also conceded that if we at least buy a new hook for the back side of the door it would probably solve a lot of issues. I also learned that he never uses hand towels to dry his hands, even if they're right next to the sink. He still turns around and uses the full sized towels that people have for after their showers! I thought that was really funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bed thing - well I won't go there. The towel thing is a another "he was the last of 5, so there were too many towels to wash WITHOUT adding hand towels" thing. The not spending money is just Dan - but notice he did allow for a compromise on teh practicality point if not the decorating point.

Maggie said...

He is pretty good at compromise, especially if he can see a difference in functionallity.

the narrator said...

another reason not to get married.

have you decided to name your child after me yet?

Heather said...

Hey, Matt and I just had the same "argument" last night. I asked him why he never uses the perfectly good hand towel hanging next to the sink to was his hands. He always uses his big shower towel hanging on the back of the door. I think it is funny. Boys are weird.