Friday, October 27, 2006

November 6th countdown

I'm sitting at work and I've had the worst cramps I've had in a long time. It's probably because I'm big now. Also my little baby has been moving all day long! It's funny to feel and I like it right now.

I found out that Dan's work is so busy right now he told me not to plan on him being there for the ultrasound (November 6th for those of you that don't already know). I tried really REALLY hard not to take this news too badly. I just said, "Well, at least Jenny will go with me. I'll miss you, but I'll make sure they record the still photos." (They forgot to record them during Jenny's ultrasound so she doesn't have anything to look at and remind her.) What I wanted to say was, "It'll only take like half an hour! They can't spare you for half an hour?! I'm not complaining about you getting home at 8PM and having no time to spare so I should at least get this one little thing! You're going to miss all the live action stuff where you can actually see the baby move! You're going to miss discovering our baby's sex! You're going to miss everything!" But I figure he already feels bad about not being able to go so I shouldn't make it worse. Plus, he probably doesn't realize he'll miss all the "live action" shots.

PS. Don't mention to him that I complained about him not making the ultrasound. He can't really help it. I just wanted to complain a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember if something isn't on Dan's "radar", you have to TELL him it is important to you. He's so focused on the interview right now he's probably pretty distracted. His work ethic also interferes with asking for time off. If teh ultrasound place is close to work, maybe you could call him when you are ready & he could pop over for the fewminutes it takes - worth and ask after he gets back.. For what it's worth, Nov. 6 is my mom's birthday, so maybe Charlotte will show up on the screen!

Maggie said...

I just don't want Dan to get stressed about ANOTHER thing to do. He said he'd ask his boss if he can get it off again, but if he can't I don't want to make him feel bad if he can't. It's not his fault.