Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Break From Tradition

I have a tradition on my blog of not putting any photos on it. Mostly that's because I don't have a camera (digital or any other kind) so I don't have any photos to put on. I thought I'd put a little break in that tradition today because I'm just so excited about these photos! Yesterday I went to the doctor and got my ultrasound that confirmed that my husband and I are having a girl!

This was the first picture that we got to see of her cute little body.





Then she yawned!

The photo we have after this one is showing that she's a girl and not a boy, but it's this grainy black and white shot and I can't distinguish anything so I'm not posting it.

After this we got to see the really cool part of the ultrasound where they take 3D shots!This is Charlotte Claire covering her ear. She was all curled up in the ultrasound and tumbling around a ton so she made it kind of hard for the ultrasound lady to find a good photo of her whole body.

Yet another shot of her little face!


You can see her little toes in this shot! She's pointing right at the machine too!

There are a few more photos, but they're pretty much the same. She kept spinning around in my belly so getting anything but her hands over her face and a foot or two was pretty hard.

So that's the big news of the day today!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! I am so excited!

Oh, I remember the name Matt and I agreed on. I hope no one I knows steals it! Anyway, it's Gracie. And we love it. Now we just need to get pregnant with a girl.

TRS said...

Oh! congratulations!
Man those ultrasounds are AMAZING!!! Especially the sort of in color one.
How anyone can think it's not a baby until it's born is beyond me!!! Seriously AMAZING!

Kim Dubois said...

Congratulations, Maggie! How lucky that you're having a girl. I can already tell that she's going to be beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Because I'm the daddy's mom I guess I could be said to have a bias but I think Maggie & Dan would be equally lucky to be having a boy (Dan has brothers AND sisters, so we had both sorts of babies).
The new ultrasounds ARE amazing & that is a quote from the grandpa who looks at the "old" ultrasounds often at work.

Maggie said...

Thanks to everyone! I feel very blessed right now! Now all I need to do is get through the next four months!