Saturday, April 07, 2007

Charlotte Claire

SHE'S HERE! Sorry it's taken me so long, but the half hour drive just to post on my blog is a bit of a challenge when you have a new little one. I know that every mommy thinks this, but I still have to say that my baby is perfect! She came out looking just like my dad. Her little nose and cheeks were perfect replicas of him. Thirteen days later she's starting to take on more of her daddy's features. Plus, and I'm really excited about this one, I think she has her daddy's skin pigmentation! I went to the park with her the other day and I was so paranoid about her getting a sunburn, but she didn't! (Granted she spent most of the time under a blanket because mommy was too nervous about that.) I think her hair might be curly, but it's really still too early to know that for sure. It's a light golden brown today, but again that seems to change daily. Her eyes have been changing daily too. Mostly they're blue, but some days they turn olive green. She's perfectly healthy and her pediatrician said she's just great. The only big hurdle we need to still overcome is in nursing. She doesn't like one side and gets really mad when she has to eat off that side. Very frustrating for mommy and baby, but we are trying persistence and patience. Everyone says that eventually she'll calm down about it. Now she wants to eat again, so I'd better go!

7 comments:

Kim Dubois said...

Congratulations, Maggie! I can't wait to see pictures of little Charlotte. Don't you just love being a mom?

the narrator said...

congrats!!! i've been waiting for this update for a while.

i wanted to make some ginger kid comment, but i'll leave it at that.

you'll be a fantastic mom.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see her in a few months! By the way, on the whole nursing subject, I know you probably have a lot of advise coming your way, but sometimes I found it easier to use a "football hold" on one side so it felt the same to Olivia to nurse on separate sides. I don't know if that makes sense or helps, but I thought I would give you my two cents!

Anonymous said...

We had such an awesome visit with you last week. You are doing a great job being mom--even when your nieces and nephews want to love on Charlotte.

Charlotte indeed is one of the cutest babies I have seen. The way she balls up when you are holding her reminds me of an Ann Geddes photo. I still think she is looking quite a bit like Dan, but I do see some of your dad in her.

Hope we get to see you guys when we are down at the end of May--Charlotte will have changed so much by then!
Love you.

Katie said...

Hooray for little Charlotte! She's the coolest baby EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just checked "auntie Katie's" blog & NOW they are considering a "blue/brown" theme - just the day after a very lovley green silk arrived for Charlotte's wedding petticoat (which can be worn on its own as a sleeveless dress). The color is very pretty - I'll check with you next phone call.

Anth said...

Congratulations!! So glad to hear Baby Charlotte is doing well. That sucks about the bfing. Baby E does the same thing sometimes and it is hard to keep calm.

Enjoy your new baby!!