Thursday, April 26, 2007

Odds and Ends

Since I have so many Charlotte things on my mind the non-Charlotte tidbitts seem to be piling up so I thought I'd unload them now:
  • You are so tricky Daddy! I didn't know you knew how to make a google account. Now you should start a blog so we know what you're up to and we can comment on yours.
  • Isn't my husband the best?! He goes to work every morning before I wake up (well, it wouldn't be before I wake up if he didn't have to go in "early" every day. If you go in early every day can you still say you're going in early?) and comes home exhausted. On top of this he still has energy to cuddle, and play with our baby. Plus, he changes her diaper without being asked and he gets up to burp her in the night too! He really is an amazing daddy.
  • Another "my husband's the greatest" fact is that he still makes it a point to tell me he loves me and do silly things to make me laugh. (Like putting on one of my maternity shirts to go play football in. He didn't really do it, but it was a funny sight nonetheless.)
  • When my mother-in-law came for the baby she went shopping while we were in the hospital. It has been such a fun treasure hunt to see all the little things she got for us and the baby. I made a box of brownies yesterday and read Charlotte the three books she got us.
  • The green chair that my dad got us has quickly become the favorite of all that are in our house. It is so comfortable and nice. Charlotte even likes to take naps on it.
  • I'm so excited for my cousin's wedding/Charlotte's blessing weekend becuause everyone will see how awesome and beautiful our little one has become. (OK this one isn't non-Charlotte, but it crept into my list anyway.)
  • My niece and nephews have added some new words to our vocabulary. The first one is a cubby. My sister-in-law calls wedgies snuggies instead. When her daughter heard this she mixed it up and thought she said cubby so now they're always called cubbies. My nephews are reading The Chronicles of Narnia series, but the younger one calls them The Cronciles of Narnia.
  • When we go walking in the morning I notice all the gardens in town and you can really tell the gardners. One that I like particularly well runs right along the side of the creek that runs through town. The gardner has planted such an interesting flower along the stream and I'm so curious about the name of it. My mom has always said that I like Dr. Seuss plants and I'm sure she would put this one in that category too.
  • I realized a few weeks ago that I really have become used to our little town. My husband and I were driving to my grandma's house in Salt Lake. I caught myself waving to the man mowing his lawn and the two little kids riding their bikes. The man waved back, but the kids looked confused. I realized then that we weren't in our little town anymore and had a good laugh at myself.
  • Right now we're deciding between moving to Philidelphia and St. Louis. It'll probably be St. Louis. My husband has already started looking at places to rent in the area.

Well, this post probably wasn't very exciting, but I wanted to wrap up the odds and ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember Alice Huber but they lived in St. Louis while Phil did his internal medicine residnecy. I'll see where they lived - she might have an idea of where to look & where to avoid. We are looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend.