Wednesday, October 17, 2007

no news

Charlotte fell asleep during my run this morning. Grrr! She usually falls asleep right when we get home. That way I have the optimal amount of getting ready/doing chores time available. It was tricky getting her up to her bedroom from the street and she woke up. I put her in her crib anyway hoping she'll go back to sleep. Now I have to stay in the front of the house for a while killing time until I think she's back to sleep. If she hears me moving around before she's really out it just wakes her up. Little stinker! Oh well.

In good news I tipped the run/walk ratio in favor of running yesterday! Exciting huh?

I was wondering during my run today, what percentage of people run/exercise while listening to their ipod? If they do that then when do they have time to just think their own thoughts? I have found that my run in the morning is my favorite time to think about the day, the future, funny stories, lots of things. If you're listening to music how do you do that and think at the same time? If you don't, then when do you get a chance to just think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats on turning the running corner! Maybe you can run with my dad when you come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. He is just getting started--I inspired him when I ran the half-marathon a couple of weekends ago.

We love you guys and miss you. Keep on running. I don't usually like to run with an ipod--I can't hear what's going on around me if I do. But sometimes I have to wear it so my negative thoughts don't get in the way--usually when on a long run and I'm getting tired.

Anonymous said...

What's an ipod? John

Maggie said...

The other day I told Dan I thought it was funny because when I'm running I'm both my best motivation and my worst detractor. It's a good thing that the blocks can't shrink or lengthen. Once I commit it doesn't matter if I don't want to do it.