Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Explosion

Since the beginning of the week our baby girl has had a little bit of constipation. (Yes, this post will be about poop so if you don't want to hear it stop now.) She's still been going, it just takes her a long time of hard pushing. She would get this sad little worried look on her face and then push until she was red in the face to get it all out. I told Dan about it and he was a little worried so he said we should make sure she nurses enough on me and make her rice cereal with more pear juice than normal. Well, I'm here to declare operation roto router a success. Yesterday she again got the worried look on her face and my heart sank. I was worried I'd have to take her into the doctor for this problem since it had been going on for a few days. After 5 minutes of red faced pushing I figured she was done so I took her in her room to change her. We don't have a changing table, the floor works just fine for me, so I plopped her down on the changing pad on the floor and took off her diaper. I started to clean her up when she began to push again. I panicked. She pushed out a "plug" of harder poop.....and then.....the explosion of liquefied poop shot right out of her onto my front. All over my shirt and shorts and socks and the changing pad and the rug we have on the floor and her and the diaper I had under her. It was everywhere! And it was disgusting.

Her attitude changed amazingly after the incident. She must have felt better because she acted happier all day than she had for the past few. I was completely covered in poop, and, amazingly relieved by it.

PS. Sorry if this grosses you out. It was the only thing I could think to post about today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom's everywhere know just how you feel - moms of boys have to watch for "fountains" if not explosions with every diaperchange. Glad Charlotte is feeling better - she's usually such a happy little person. We love her - and all of you. Can't wait until Thanksgiving!

jethrojones said...

Yeah, my daughter Katya has had those hard to push out poops for 17 months now, poor thing. The doctor's don't have any ideas of how to help. She has only had a handful of messy poops. They are usually just little nuggets.

The Barkers said...

I totally sympathize with you! Olivia did the same thing to me TWO DAYS IN A ROW when she was little! It was so gross!! All I could think was, "How am I going to get this poopy shirt off of me without getting poop on my face?" Seriously gross, I know. Glad she is doing better, though. I'm sure it's a relief for both of you! Ha ha.

Anth said...

Oh, the poop. That was always a hard thing for me because I hate hate HATE being dirty. Your story is classic. Ha ha I can laugh only because I haven't been pooped on in over a year.

TRS said...

Oh that's awful!

It only gets better, er more fun from here.
Just wait til you're dealing with this: http://web.mac.com/thegerings/Gering_Family_Blog/Blog/Entries/2007/10/4_Not_the_Worst_Day_of_My_Life...but_close.html

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Mel thought that was the funniest story. Of course he NEVER changed a messy dipper. You write a good story, hope you are keeping a diary.