Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Projects

I'm finished! I finally finished all my Christmas present projects! I'm very proud of how they turned out, but I can't show you any photos of them since they're presents and that would ruin the surprise. So instead I'll show you close ups of the mantle runner I made last year. Also, I was so excited about being done with the presents that I stayed up late finishing the ornaments that I started earlier. I think they turned out quite nicely.

I included this shot so you could see that, no, I didn't iron it when I took it out of the box. Yes, it has bugged me ever since, but not enough to take the nativity off it and iron it. Oh well.
Here's a shot of the six ornaments. You can't really see the detail in them though so I included close ups.
I didn't use all the fancy buttons that the pattern said to because they were super expensive and I told myself that the ornaments were strictly to be made from scraps from other projects. I am now really happy I kept all those buttons from off clothing. I kept the sequins from my graduation dress and they look great on the angel, elf and reindeer. The ribbon was just what I had around (I'm not sure what it was originally for). The white and black buttons were leftovers from the Santa's eyes in the mantle runner. All the fabric was scraps and the floss was from the Christmas projects this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ornemaents are very cute. Santa & reindeer are ontop of our runner from last year. Sew EZ II has a great panel for a calendar that I think you might like. We shall have to go there after you get here.

Kim Dubois said...

Those are CUTE, Maggie! Nice work.