Friday, December 14, 2007

RIP

When we got married my mom bought me a cute little vacuum cleaner. I loved it. It was green. When we moved to St. Louis, our apartment had new carpet. They put it in the day before we moved in. The new carpet was just too much for my "little green vacuum that could" because after four months of living here it no longer could. Dan fixed it three times and it kept breaking, plus when he fixed it, it was still really loud and sounded wrong. I mourned the loss for several days before I told anyone. Then when I told my mom she decided to get me the best Christmas gift, a new vacuum! The new vacuum arrived two days ago and I've been in vacuuming bliss ever since. It's red and it has a cord retraction button. I don't have to wind up the cord ever again! My new vacuum floats along the ground with the slightest push and it gets every little bit of cheerio, graham cracker or dirt clod from winter shoes. I felt bad for my old vacuum because now it seems like it was just never going to cut the mustard, but this new one is amazing. I'm in love and I don't care who knows it.

Isn't it funny that with everything that seems to be keeping me busy lately as we count down to Christmas, what I chose to write about is my vacuum. I guess I just love good cleaning supplies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having the right tool for the job makes a huge difference, whatever the job. I'm glad your new vaccuum is working so well - I'm sure Charlotte will be contributing more Cheerios & graham cracker curmbs to keep it busy for awhile yet.

Katharina said...

Right on, cleaning girl. That's my kind of bliss--freshly scrubbed anything. For some housekeeping nirvana, have you tried Mrs. Meyers' Clean Day products? There are assorted yummy scents like geranium or lavender.

Maggie said...

I haven't tried them, but they sound awesome!

The Barkers said...

A good vaccuum is so hard to find!! Ha ha. Glad to hear you are enjoying your gift so much!!