Friday, April 18, 2008

Big News

We got the house. Dan didn't go to bed last night until 1 AM. (He blamed it on the Dr. Pepper he drank, but I didn't mention to him that I drank about 1/4 of that Dr. Pepper in between all his sipping and I was out by 9:30.) He was thinking and planning and improvising how our kitchen would work best. I think he came up with a superb layout that I think will work really well. It's a whole lot of problem solving when you have a small space to work with, but I think his plan really maximized the space.

Now I can't wait until Dan's parents come out! It's gonna be so much fun to show them the new house. Also, Dan's sister is going to drop of his nephew for wrestling camp this early summer so she'll get to see it too! Plus, my dad's already starting to plan his trip out here.

Yesterday Charlotte recieved "Christmas in April" from Grandma Denise. She got new books, which she loves, a new dress, and most of all, a new dancing duck and a little tykes piano. Guess which two she loves the most? You guessed it, the two that make sound. Right now they're both still pretty cute, but I can see that these two presents will be both a blessing and a way to teach me patience. Thanks mom!

PS. We had an earthquake here early this morning. Here's how it went in our house:

Me: Is that storm shaking the bed? (There was a pretty big storm going outside. It was rattling the windows.)

Dan: No, go back to bed.

Jump to breakfast:

Me: Did our bed shake in the night?

Dan: No.

Turns out there was a 5.2 earthquake in southern Illinois.

6 comments:

Heather said...

YAY MARGS! That's so exciting! Owning your own home is such a great experience. (Plus paying rent is the worst.) Congratulations to your little family!

There was an earthquake nearby in Nevada recently. I was feeding Ezra in the middle of the night, and thought I must really be going crazy not getting much sleep because my rocking chair was rocking back and forth and side to side. I felt better when Matt told me there was an earthquake, and I wasn't really crazy!

Maggie said...

There was an aftershock here around 10 this morning and I knew I had felt that one. Hope everything is well with you, Matt and Ezra.

Mindy said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited you guys got the house, and I can't wait to hear all about it! Woohoo!!!

My race went well, and I'm super tired, but enjoying my family! See you when I get back in town.

TRS said...

Congratulations on the house!
Homeownership is so fun and exciting.

It's the one thing in years that made me feel like a grownup! you have a kid and a husband for that - but it's still exciting!

Maggie said...

I don't know if I feel quite like a grown up yet. I keep wondering when that happens.

Kim Dubois said...

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy that orange Home Depot book as much as we have.