Friday, April 04, 2008

Hip and Urban

Today I had errands to run. Instead of going out of the city limits to a big shopping area I decided to see if I could get everything done in my own neighborhood/area. I totally got everything done without once going on the interstate! I felt so hip and urban walking down the busy road to get my stuff done. What's even better is that one of the houses we're looking at to buy is only a block and a half away from the street where I did all my errands today. I wouldn't even have to drive if I didn't want to. That's kinda cool.

4 comments:

TRS said...

That's awesome!
Yay urban walk-ability!

Anonymous said...

I'd rather be 20 miles from anything. But you already knew that. Big city = yuck!

Anonymous said...

Maybe one of those stores was Penzrey's? www.penzeys.com
Great place! and though your friend who wants to live 20 miles from anyone could still get spices mail order, it wouldn't beat the chance to go in the store and check them out in person.

TLA said...

Good for you! Im a huge believer in urban life. I live in a little village in downtown Raleigh, NC and I walk everywhere!

Heres a fun tool for you to try while you are looking at houses: www.walkscore.com
You plug in an address and it analyzes the walkability of that address. It isnt perfect, there are lots of things near me that arent listed, but its still pretty cool!

ps I found your blog via Katie via Emilystyle