Monday, September 21, 2009

Christmas List and BIG NEWS

Last weekend Charlotte was taking a shower. She was dancing in and out of the water spray having a grand time when suddenly she gets very quiet, turns around and sits down in the tub with a very sad look on her face. I ask her what's wrong.
She says, "I just want my own ipod."
Me (thinking Dan and I don't even have ipods you have no idea what you're talking about), "And what would you do with an ipod?"
She answers, "I would play Tinkerbell anytime I wanted to."

At that moment it dawns on my that when my mother was in town she downloaded the Tinkerbell movie onto her ipod and let Charlotte watch it whenever she wanted. I always knew that my children's Christmas wish lists would get more expensive as they got older. Basically because I could get them almost anything now and they'd be thrilled. I didn't realize how quickly things would change.

Also I'd like to share some BIG NEWS!! (Yes, I did just use all caps and two exclamation points. It's that big.) Greg slept through the night last night! I fed him at 10 PM and then again at 6:30 AM. I was so happy about it I even told the check out lady at Schnuck's. She was appropriately excited for me. Today is the first day of the rest of Greg's life (and he doesn't even know it yet).

5 comments:

Janelle Dobson said...

Oh that beloved Tinkerbell movie. Lynette used to ask for it everyday. And who do you think gave it to her? Grandma of course. Asking for an ipod to watch it on is a whole other level. Good luck with that. :)

Maggie said...

Yeah, what Charlotte doesn't understand is that even if we DID have an ipod I would not spend $14 just to get her tinkerbell on it.

Nurse Graham said...

Good thing you won't be in town for Katelyn's Sweet 16--I would hate to think of the ideas of grandeur Charlotte would get from that!

dad said...

It's good to see my grand childeren are more technical than me

Dan's mom said...

Hmmmmm- Grandma Denise has set the bar awfully high with Charlotte.
Congratulations on the first night!