Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yesterday was Greg's 4 month check up. Can you believe that I've had two kids for 4 months now? Me neither. Or really with the lack of sleep what I can't believe is that we're all still alive and healthy. So back to the appointment. We found out that our little boy is:
  • 26 inches long (75%)
  • 17 inch head circumference
  • 18 pounds (95%)

Yes, I have a huge child. No wonder I feel like I'm feeding him all the time! The doctor asked if he's rolling over yet and when I told her that he is she seemed a little surprised. She said, "Usually when they're big like that they have a harder time moving around." Which I thought was hilarious. He seems comfortably in the middle as far as developmental milestones which makes for a happy family.

Then the doctor listened to his heart. Then she had him sit up and listened to his heart. Then stand. Then lay on his side. Apparently he has a little heart murmur and she gave me the number of a pediatric cardiologist for him to see. She said it wasn't a big deal, but they would want to monitor it and make sure it didn't need any help.

Remember when my first child had torticollis? And remember how that threw me into a tailspin? Remember how torticollis is simply a muscle issue that you have to work out and yet I was totally freaking out? Yeah, that freak out never came this time. My baby could have something wrong with his heart, but since the doctor didn't seem too concerned neither was I. Wow things have changed the second time around.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, I hope he's OK. I love that not-so-little nugget!

Dan's mom said...

Most heart murmurs are totally benign & since this was just discovered, it most likely will be, too. Greg's daddy gained weight very quickly at his age, too. The older kids called him "Tank" and counted the fat rolls on his back.
I loved your comment on Katie's blog. I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read it. Very funny in dry humor sort of way. Oregon has those tree farms now, too. Could you use their paper too?

Mary Gibb said...

My one year d weighs the same as Greg! I hope I am more laid back with the second one too! I can't imagine how we'll survive if I freak out as much as I did with Macy-- your little guy is so cute!