Wednesday, November 11, 2009

6 months

Today my son is six months old. Can you believe that? I sure can't. In the future when people ask me how third year in medical school went I will say quickly.

Charlotte came down with a fever last Saturday night and it hasn't really left her yet. I thought it had, then she woke up from her nap today with a return of the fever. I waited an hour thinking maybe she was just hot from sleeping, but it never went away. YUCK.

Then last night when Dan went to get Greg so I could feed him before going to bed we discovered that he had been throwing up on himself. When he picked the little guy up we realized Greg wasn't asleep, he just wasn't wanting to move his body at all. He didn't want to hold his head up or lift his arms and he didn't want to nurse. Or have his pacifier in his mouth. Or take tylenol. When we got it in him he threw it up 2 minutes later. You could tell Greg was scared too because of the look on his face as his body was heaving. I was really scared and I knew it was bad because Daniel was really scared too. Turns out this morning he's fine, but that was pretty much the scariest thing that's happened with him so far. Nothing equates to the fear you feel when your infant is sick and scared in the middle of the night.

4 comments:

Mary Jo said...

That is scary! I am glad he is doing better.

Mary Gibb said...

I am so impressed by your transition from one to two kids... we are getting ready and it really starting to freak me out. I hope Charlotte and Greg both feel better very soon! Keep up the good work (and the blogging!)-- you make it seem doable!

Mindy said...

:(

I'm so sorry your kids are sick. Can I help?

dad said...

I sure do miss those kids.