Monday, November 02, 2009

To Be Human Again

Boy it's sad when the titles of your posts come from Disney. Oh well. I do feel human again. And you know why? I slept. I slept and slept and slept. And the family rejoiced. Or at least the husband portion of it anyway. I'm fairly certain the child portion doesn't register much in the way of the mommy portion. Except one funny conversation that my daughter had with a friend of mine who was watching her.

Charlotte: "What's wrong with your finger?"
Friend: "I burned it."
Charlotte: "When Mommy burns sheself she gets mad."

And it's so very true. So at least she notices some things.

Our Halloween went well. (I was going to try to segue that, but I couldn't think of anything. So I decided you could just follow me along.) Charlotte was perhaps the quietest lion you have ever seen and Greg was a ghost.

She wouldn't let me comb out her hair to be the mane which was the crowning part of the cotume, but she's two and a half so, whatever.Apparently the best part of his costume was his ability to eat it.

I'm the only one in the family not in a costume. Daniel went as a logger. When an hour went by and nobody asked him what he was I told him that proved you can't just wear your normal clothing and call it a costume (even if your clothing is a costume for other people).

And because I got such a great response (thanks Grandma Jane and Grandpa Mel) to the other two videos I posted, here's another little one. I like to call it Guarding the Pumpkin.

6 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

So I hope you don't take offense to this, but from the picture I thought you were in a pink bathrobe with PJ bottoms on.

The kids look adorable!

Maggie said...

Haha, It isn't that great of a photo. I wish I were in my pink bathrobe with PJ bottoms on. That would have made me ready to go to bed right when we got home!

Mindy said...

Actually, it was this:
"When mommy burns sheself, she be's mad."

And I totally empathize with Dan. Spiff and I "dressed up" as muggles, but no one knew.

Katie said...

Great video.

I can't believe I forgot to get her all those birthday presents from the years I missed. You know, 3 4 and 5...

dad said...

Those looked like the hands of a surgon carving the pumkin.

I am so looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. The videos are tooooooooooo great.

Mrs. Architect said...

I'm in LOVE with her curls!!!! SO darling!!