Monday, November 16, 2009

Glad It Happened Now

Guess who turns into a banshee screaming zombie when he teethes? For a solid 48 hours nobody slept in our house. The only positive I can think to this situation is at least it happened now and not say on the airplane on the way to vacation.

Also, Dan put in light switches upstairs! Honest to goodness hard wired light switches. For all the lights. And he's in the middle of installing a fan light for the bathroom! It's amazing how much you appreciate the simple things.

Also, Dan uttered the phrase I have been waiting for a year for him to say a few days ago. After he finished the last light switch box he turned to me and said, "I think I'd be OK with buying a newer house next time." Yahtzee! It's a whole lot easier to do voluntary projects to give your home "character" than it is to fix plaster walls, re-plumb the bathroom, and wire and entire floor.

4 comments:

Nurse Graham said...

Ooh teething can make everyone so grumpy. Sorry the little guy is having such a rough time. Hope we get to see you guys when you get to town.

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry about the teething. I've been so blessed to have kids who weren't too bothered by it.

On the plus side of all the work you're doing, at least your husband can do it himself. :-) Unless it's a phone or computer problem I have to hire someone to fix all the stuff that goes wrong in our house...

Maggie said...

I think it's funny that we have to hire someone to fix the phone and computer problems in our house.

Katie said...

Not all old houses are in the shape yours is....


But a newer house might be nice for you next time.