Friday, August 05, 2011

The Big News

So I'm pregnant.

Six weeks, which is probably too soon to tell people. I always do that too soon. And I also never tell in some sort of fun and special way. I love to hear how other people do this, but I guess I don't put a high enough priority on that.

Speaking of priorities this pregnancy has really focused my priorities because that's all I can do right now. Necessities.

I took the kids to a little beach, was it only last week?, and brought a picnic. Forgetting that my daughter takes one bite of food and then has to pee 100% of the time, I just started in on the food. Mostly because I was shaking and going to throw up. She took her first bite and then said, "I have to pee." I looked up the hill to the public restrooms, down at the blanket full of beach stuff and food, at my son eating his lunch, and then back at Charlotte. Then I told her to run to the water, find a place by herself, sit down in the water, and pee there. Because not peeing in the lake (where fish are peeing anyway) is not a necessity.

Also, my kids look absolutely ridiculous everywhere we go lately. Fighting over what to wear? Not necessity. Fighting over doing your hair? Not necessity. At least they're not naked.

So sorry to all if I let things slip. I'm focused on making it through the day, loving the two kids I have, and helping a third come into our family. Turns out that is taking everything I have.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you, you mom, and me. We love you!!!!
g-jane

megs and josh said...

:) exciting news :)
i really like the fish pee there anyways comment...very true!

dad said...

Keep on trucking

Unknown said...

Happy news (: I agree with Megan, fish do pee there anyway!

Dan's mom said...

You always make me smile. You start by saying you don't have any clever ways to let folks know that you're expecting (we picked up on clues that you were "in discussions" during the DisneyWorld trip, so we guessed the news would be coming) - then you tell us the very funny story of the lake picnic. Maybe I just especailly enjoy your sense of humor, and understand that somethings are funnier "after the fact;" I've been there,done that & there are family pictures to prove it.

Carrie said...

Congrats, Maggie! And hang in there . . . the daily bare necessities are a heroic feat in and of themselves, when you have two little ones. We miss you guys!