Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Spree

Remember when I told you all about the buying spree we went on when we moved here. Well, apparently it wasn't over. Since then we have purchased one Honda Odyssey which is the same color as our Matrix, which we will be selling just as soon as possible.

Then yesterday we bought a sofa and love seat set. They are beautiful and we managed to get an incredible deal because they are a discontinued style and were a floor model.

Also we went to Cabela's and found a new coat for Charlotte (It's a purple Columbia coat, not camo or real tree) and new mittens for both kids for this winter.

Also we went to Target and got Thomas and Mater undies for Greg along with all the other potty training supplies we'll be needing. Maybe next week. I want the anticipation to grow for him just a little bit. But he is super excited about his new undies.

All of that spending in one day was way too much for Dan. He couldn't manage to buy any other groceries while we were at Super Target because we'd already bought a sofa. Never mind that we actually needed some of the groceries.

I didn't care though because we got to spend the day with Daddy yesterday and it was awesome. He is super funny and we all had a great time together.

Quick story: We were driving down the road the hour to get to Cabela's and out of nowhere Dan looks down at his pants and says, "Hmm, these should have gone into the laundry." I laughed so hard. "Isn't that something you should screen before you put the pants on?" I asked. Then Charlotte pipes up from the backseat, "I scream for mice."

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh man...Charlotte is SO FUNNY and SMART!

I can just see her thinking that you were telling her dad that he should scream while getting dressed! Classic!

Mindy said...

Last week, George bought a mountain bike and a ski pass to Snowbird. Yesterday he bought a new headlamp for his bike. He still needs to buy new pedals and shoes for his new commuting bike. We still need to buy a new car seat for James. And I'd love to have a treadmill so I can run this winter. Where are we getting all the money? I don't know. I don't know about you, but I feel ready to save, not spend. Blech.

Super excited to see your new couch!

Anonymous said...

It is imprinted on my brain...you can only spend so much in one day but go back the next day and get what you need.
Enjoy what you can!
love you,'g-jane