Wednesday, September 21, 2011

We Need Darker Carpet

Yesterday I decided to start potty training Greg. There have certainly been ups and downs in the last 48 hours. Day one was a huge success, day two.....not so much.

He peed while sitting on a towel on the sofa. It soaked through so I took the covers off the seat cushions to wash them. I ran downstairs and threw them in the washing machine. When I came back I saw dark arches across the back of the sofa. He had taken off his wet undies and then started jumping on the cushion-less sofa. And then he peed again.

After that I rolled up the rug and told him he had to stay on the hard floor. He did that all day and managed to do very well. So I gave the kids a bath before bed. As Greg got out of the bath he told me that his tummy hurt. I didn't think much of it until he bent over to pick something up off the carpet and a plug of poo shot out of his butt followed by Hershey's syrup.

Dan and I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. We got 99% of the stain up, but there is just a stubborn dark spot that wont go away. Perfect spot to put the new sofa.

8 comments:

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Gross. That is exactly why I was terrified of potty training. Cleaning up poopy diapers is gross, but cleaning poop out of anything else is just plain vile. So sorry.

Good luck with tomorrow.

Dan's mom said...

Nature's Miracle from Petco - works on puppy accidents so I'm sure it will work on toddler accidents. May the force be with you. Potty training is always a trip.

Katie said...

Oh, I was going to say we used Nature's Miracle when Roscoe was training but I see someone beat me to the punch

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of training my kids. A big job but worth it when finished.
g-jane

dad said...

GOOD LUCK

SarahAnn said...

I have used the Nature's Miracle and it works for that very thing.

MSmith said...

har, har, har, har, har, har, har
Love you!