Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Merry St. Birthaversary

A few weeks ago an unexpected box arrived at our front door via the FedEx guy. (By the way thanks FedEx guy for having dog treats in your truck. If you hadn't I would still be chasing Percie around our minivan in the front yard.) This unexpected box didn't actually surprise me thanks to grandmas and aunts we tend to get unexpected boxes pretty often. What did surprise me was that the name on the box was Dan's. Dan never gets unexpected boxes.

I brought the heavy box inside and set it in the middle of the floor, awaiting Dan's return from work. There it sat and waited and waited and waited. That is until I couldn't wait anymore and just opened the top flaps. I pulled out the inner box and nearly melted. Now I really couldn't wait until Dan got home.

As soon as he saw me with the box he said, "Merry St. Birthaversary." He got me a brand spankin' new professional 600 series Kitchenaid mixer. You see, for a few months now my old mixer had stood on the counter broken by the two year old. When that happened Dan vowed he wasn't going to put another cent into fixing the thing as it had previously been broken a few times. I mourned the loss greatly as fall was coming on because I was feeling very much in the baking mood and it is much more difficult to bake things like wheat bread without a mixer.

So in case you didn't catch it this is my only present I'm getting from Dan for the next year (Merry Christmas, Happy St. Valentine's Day, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary). I don't mind though because this is such a wonderfully thoughtful gift. And just in time to use it for Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Way better than tiling the bathroom- is it red?

Mindy said...

Holy Smokes!!! That is so cool! What a thoughtful Dan you have! I can't wait until next Fall when I can eat some of that yummy bread you'll be making with your new mixer!!!

I'm so excited for you that I really can hardly contain myself! Happy Everything!

Katie said...

AWESOME! There is very little I like better than a suprise present!

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

I love makeing bread in the mixer! you are so lucky to have a great mixer so young in your life. love g-jane

dad said...

I need to fix ours. The top speed gears are broken