Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Sick One

I know exactly what to expect when Charlotte gets sick. Down to the timing of the first throw up and the last night I'll need to give her Benadryl to make it through the night. It is horrible to live through, but not surprising since she has been sick about 147,298 times since birth.

Greg has been sick exactly 0.

That is why when I heard the burpy-barfy sound during our breakfast prayer this morning I automatically looked toward my daughter. Nope, it wasn't her and while I was distracted Greg was busy emptying his stomach of all the water he had consumed before breakfast into his cereal bowl.

New and foreign territory. Here's hoping that his sickness goes according to his never-as-bad-as-Charlotte's-sickness pattern that he's established his whole life.

Day plans: changed.

1 comment:

Dan's mom said...

Let's hope Greggie continues to take after his daddy on this - Dan's medical chart looked like a quick book report - well child checks & the odd sports injury. Uncle Michael's chart looked like "Gone With The Wind". Hope he's better by Halloween - wouldn't want to miss out on that!