Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Little Helpers

The weatherman said there was going to be rain today. Having lived some time where raking fall leaves was always a wet affair I decided we would try to avoid that. This morning the kids and I went into the backyard and raked leaves into two piles. Then the kids ran and jumped and played in the crunchy crispness while I enjoyed the fall smell coming from the leaves. We opened all the windows and turned the fans on and now my house is filled with fresh autumn fragrance.

We didn't do a very thorough job of getting leaves up, but the trees haven't yet done a thorough job of dropping all of them. Plus, the kids loved it and were a surprising help. They loved shoving the leaves into the bag and then taking turns stomping the bag down.

Also why is it that some of my favorite photos of my kids are in fall leaves?

Greg from today and Charlotte from her first autumn ever.



3 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

The picture of Charlotte, I have in a frame on my wall. Guess I need the one of Greg to complete the collection. Love you all

Katie said...

I have that picture of Charlotte on my desk at work.

People who don't know me ask if it's my daughter all the time.


I almost bought that exact picture of Greg to put next to Char's pic

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

It cracks me up that you are all dressed so warm and that you have leaves on the ground...Tucson is mighty thirty!