Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When it's midnight and you're still not asleep

Last night I didn't fall asleep because I was too hot, and possibly too pregnant, but mostly just too hot.

So this is what I thought about out:
  • I'm going to have a baby at a hospital that I've never been to before. I tried to schedule a walk through only the next available one is on my due date. So there goes that.
  • I'm so hot. How can I get myself cooled off?
  • I've decided that the only thing I REALLY need to know is how to get into the hospital after hours. The hospital and staff are so friendly, I'm sure if I just walk in looking like I'm in labor I'll get ushered to the right spot.
  • Maybe if I turn my fan on it'll cool me off.
  • When I went to the hospital with Greg there were numerous people who pointed us in the right direction. Then again, Dan had already worked that floor of the hospital.
  • I have to flip the switch to turn the fan on and that will turn the light on. That could wake Dan up.
  • Hey, Dan works at this hospital. I should just have him swing by the labor and delivery unit and pick up the paperwork to fill out. Oh and ask where we go if we want to get in after hours.
  • I don't care if it wakes Dan up. I'm doing it.
  • Also, maybe I should figure out what to do with my other two kids when I need to go to the hospital.
Then I fell asleep. Only to be awakened about 40 minutes later because Greg had to pee.

1 comment:

Dan's mom said...

This is better than the last time you couldn't sleep - problem solving skill are fully functioning & no panic! Your OB should be able to tell you how to check in at night but many (not all but many) hospitals have you report to ED & tell them you are in labor. TMC, where Dan was born, had a maternity afterhours entrance. If Lee waits until your mom gets there, the cild care issue will be solved, too. Hang in there!