Friday, April 27, 2012

Planting a Garden...Or Something Like it

Lee has successfully made it through 4 weeks of life!  This is how he feels about that news:

 Also, he feels that his nose is quite possibly the most important thing to keep track of.  At least that's what I think considering how he can't seem to keep his eyes off it.

In an effort to do a bit of gardening, and get Charlotte to stop asking, we decided to plant some green bean seeds.  Here is our family's efforts to do some "gardening":
 Dad helping Greg decide what pots we should use.
 Lee sleeping through the entire process in the baby k'tan that our friend Mindy lent us.  This thing is awesome.  I haven't had one with any of the other kids, but I would totally go back in time and tell myself to get one if I could.
 Charlotte and Greg filling the bottom of the pots with small rocks for drainage.  Luckily we have an excess of small rocks to use in the bottom of the pots.
Getting more small rocks and dirt to fill the middle of the pots.  On top of that we put potting soil.  Then I let Charlotte and Greg plant the seeds at random.  We'll see where/if anything grows from this experiment.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

We have been weeding our yard. I started digging up dandelions yesterday (we have about 1 million of them in our yard), and I got sort of addicted to it. There is something so satisfying about pulling those suckers out of the ground! And I'm realizing how satisfying yard work can be. I can't wait to plant something in our garden when we get there. Beware, though, cuz I'm planning on asking you a whole lot of questions.

And I'm so glad the baby k'tan is working for you! Hooray for things that make life easier with babies!

Thanks for posting pictures. I love them, and I love your kids. I can't wait to hang out with you guys in a couple months! Love you!

Nurse Graham said...

I always get a giggle out of babies as they are trying to get all muscles working together & sometimes wind up cross-eyed.

Remember when Charlotte helped you plant the garden in St. Louis and you had a whole lot of carrots in one spot? Gives a whole new meaning to the "square foot gardening" method.

Dan'm mom said...

Yea!!! Lee continues to look more & more like Charolette. I'm glad you found something that works so that you can "wea" Lee - he's always been a keep-me-close little guy. On the gardening front, we grew fava beans last year & loved them - they were easy,too with interesting blossoms. Love you all.

dad said...

Your mother is turning me into a master gerdener. Howewver, J Craig is the King of Dirt.