Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Swampy Mess

I didn't clean up like I should have before Christmas.  We traditionally do an old toy roundup and send them to The Goodwill.  It didn't happen.

Then it was Christmas.

Then we left for Great Grandma's house.

Then was the post vacation clean up.

Then I left for Denver.

When I came home fromDenver I realized that I had let the toys sort of take over everything.  They mate I'm sure of it.  When my back is turned my little ponies and automoblox are getting together and creating....what, I don't know, but they must be having babies and I've got a fourth generation infestation around here.  Trying to make it from the door of the three kids' bedroom to the crib in the middle of the night was a torture of sharp edges and mysterious goo.  Last night I realized I was wading through a swamp of toy quicksand and I was going to be pulled under.

That is how I can explain the crazy behavior of today.  I cleared out the kids' room.  Completely.  There was not a single toy, necklace, or scrap of garbage in there.  And, because when I meet my tipping point moderation isn't even I my vocabulary, I also went through the mountain of books and sorted clothing to pack up into the attic.

Only here's the problem with doing everything in a day.  Yes, their room is spotless, but now my basement is over run with toys that I have to sort and find homes for.  Also my bedroom has piles of too small for them clothing.  But my body is telling me to stop.  That's it for today.  I think I might just have to carry the crazy over into tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

You know that for us with very visual minds, the image of the automoblox & My Little Ponies is still swirling.......hope all the toys find thier proper place. place.

MSmith said...

Ah, yes...carry those days of crazy over...one needs excuses regularly. Nobody will see your basement :)