Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pardon The Mess

If I'm working on something, and I mean something I really care about, I don't usually want to show anyone until its done.  They don't need to see the unpicked seams, the cracks in the drywall, or the un-frosted cinnamon rolls (unless, of course, that's how you like them, then you're crazy because frosting on cinnamon rolls is a must, but if you insist you can have yours un-frosted if you like.)  I much prefer the before and after shot type reveals in my life and judging by anything HGTV puts out most people enjoy that much more too.

Only, here's the thing, my life is continually a long process of change.  My biggest, and most valuable projects are me and my kids and those projects are constantly on display for everyone to see.  And they will be.  Forever.  Remember that time I went out of the house wearing exactly what I wore to bed the night before and a hat over my hair?  Oh yeah, that was this morning.  Everyone sees when I loose my temper and react poorly, they see when I show lack of wisdom or understanding and they see when my children require more from me than my particular skill set.

I'm not trying to disparage myself here.  I'm sure that everyone else also sees the sparkling successes too.  The best dressed Sunday with hair done and the time my kids stick up for what is right.  That is observed too.  It's just that sometimes I wish I had a sign I could hang up next to me or my kids in particular situations that said, "Pardon The Mess, We're A Work In Progress."

Because aren't we all?

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Love it! He has a dry sense of humor kind of like his dad & his cousin Carson. Better watch out!

Dan's mom said...

Sorry - posted to the wrong one. I've taken Craig to the airport in just such an outfit, adding a coat since I have to get out & run around the car to take it home-