Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Washing the Car

So I haven't washed my car since I drove it from Spokane, WA to Provo, UT. Needless to say it was pretty bad. Today they told me they didn't need me at work. I decided I'd finally get my car cleaned. I did the worst job cleaning my car ever!

Here's the story:

I went to wash my car on the carwash off Freedom. I get there and nobody else is there, that's cool, whatever. Then the manager comes out and is cleaning the stall next to me. I think nothing of him being there. So I start washing. I'm thinking about how much I LOVE washing my car. I really do enjoy going there. My favorite part is the foam wand. I could spend hours using that thing. I would have too. The only thing is that while I was doing that this red headed college age man starts rollerblading around the place. Immediately I think that I don't like him being there. Then I thought to myself, "There's no reason to not like the kid, he's just skating." So I keep going about my business. I'm right to the foam wand (the aformentioned favorite part) when I look up and the kid skates THROUGH MY STALL. I didn't like this at all, but I didn't really know what to do about it except give him a dirty look. So I did. I'm half way done with the car when I have to go put more quarters in. When I do that the kid again skates through my stall, but this time it's WITH HIS WEINER HANGING OUT! He was holding it and smiling at me. Instantly I'm upset. I always used to ask myself what would I do if I were in the situation of girls that are being harassed. I never had an answer. I was so embarassed! It was weird. I didn't say anything, but then he kept skating around behind the place with his dick out. I resolved to tell him to go away. It took so much effort to get the words to come out that I actually screamed them. "Go Away!" I think the kid must have seen the manager in the stall next to me look up because he said, "Sorry" and skated off. I could barely rinse off the car fast enough to get out of there. I was afraid he'd come back and hurt me or something. It was really scary. I was going to go talk to the manager to tell him to look out for the kid and make sure I didn't get assaulted for yelling at the psycho, but I couldn't. I was too nervous. I got in my car and tried to drive away. My foot was shaking so bad I couldn't work the clutch in my car so instead I drove around to the front of the place in plain view of the road and the other customers (a mom cleaning out the inside of her mini-van, and a guy washing his SUV) and I decided to try and dry off my car and get sufficiently angry to be able to get rid of my shaking hands. Well it worked. I was so mad. Who really decides that on a Tuesday afternoon it would be a good idea going around skating and exposing yourself to people? What sort of deranged psycho does that? Anyway, so now I know what I'd do if I were sexually harassed. I'd yell at them to leave me alone.

My car is now all streaky with dirt and none of the bugs are gone, but at least I'm alive, and not raped or anything like that.

4 comments:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam said...

Oh my gosh... That's terrible.

Katie said...

Wow, remember the time that we saw that Indian guy peeing under the bridge? I guess you are the lucky-weiner exposing girl or something

Mika said...

Ewww... that is just nasty. Usually people like that are just trying to freak you out, the best thing to do is ignore it, or laugh. You were smart to leave though, you never know what kind of freak you are dealing with.