Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Flabbergasted

That's really the only word to describe how what my mind thought.

We got back our lab notebooks from my food micro lab. This kid got a 58/124.5 and he was pissed. He's a good student and I know he spent a lot of time on the thing so I understood his upset state of mind. Then he just whips out these expletives and uses the name of Christ in the middle.

Needless to say, I am experiencing a bit of a culture shock. I'm not used to hearing that stuff anymore. The verbal assault just whirred through the air to my brain. Gross. I like being around people that don't say things like that.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah, well, as a TA I get to bear that kind of language hurled at me in anger. Not quite like BYU.

Maggie said...

How do you deal with that verbal assault?

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the support. How is marriage and the likes? Where are you now and what are you up to?