Thursday, October 13, 2005

Party Pooper

I have yet to skip a class at OSU. This is a direct result of my husband. Here is a scenario that happened just this morning.

The alarm goes off
He says to me, "it's time for you to get up."
I say, "I don't have to
He says, "Why not?"
I say, "because I'm not going to class this morning." (On Thursdays I only have this one class in the morning and nothing until 12:30.)
He says "You don't have class today?" (All confused as to why I would not actually be attending my class. It being at 8AM every day would not be enough of a reason.)
I say, "Yes, there is class, but they're going over stuff I already know."
He says, "And you're not going?"
Confused silence on his part.

After a whole conversation I am obviously awake and now feeling really guilty. I get up and shower and go to class. On the plus side he did drive me. He just ruins my skipping record. I guess it really is a good thing because I did go to class (even though I did already know everything we talked about today) and I'm getting a lab report done now. I'd like to say, "Good for me" for doing it, but really it should be, "Good for him" for getting me to do it.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That stinks, but I guess it might be good too. There's only one class I ever miss here, pretty good for me. As soon as my Botany class is done(on MONDAY!!) I wpn't be missing anymore of any of my classes.

Maggie said...

I wish you had been in my toxicology class today. We talked about aflatoxins in the body and mechanisms of action and I was sitting there thinking about how interesting it was and how much you would love it!

Katie said...

Dan and I are really similar. I think I can count on one hand the number of classes I've skipped in my life.