Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm not a Tree Hugger

Today I was walking on campus and I realized how extremely beautiful this campus is. It is completely different from the exquisitely manicured areas at BYU, but it still has a natural beauty. All the leaves are turning colors right now. As I walked to campus I saw the line where the sun was rising. It just barely hit the tops of the trees, which were turning bright red. They were burning with color! During the day there hasn't been any wind or anything, but all the trees have been steadily dropping their leaves. It's just like snow! Only it isn't cold or wet. Plus it doesn't hurt that it was really sunny yesterday and part of today. It is so beautiful on this campus!

On top of all that, my husband and I are going up to his hometown this weekend! A mini vacation! I can't wait.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Did I ever mention I'm taking a field botany class. I walk around for hours identifying different plants and collecting leaves. I actually have the most extensive leaf collection of anyone you know. Seriously, I've even collected extra fall colored leaves, pressed them and spread them out on our table. We have gorgeous brown, orange, red and yellow leaves all over. I also don't claim to be a tree hugger, so I think you can say you're not.