Sunday, January 06, 2008

Back to Comfy

We got back from WA last night. Our amazing friends not only picked us up from the airport, but they also cooked dinner for us. It was awesome. The only thing marring the evening is Charlotte burned her little finger on the oven. YIKES! She's OK though.

Updates on Charlotte was that she's now decided that she can take several steps in a row without any help! She can officially walk on her own at 9 months old. She's really slow at it though so I'm still not having to race after her.

Today it's a good 60 degrees in St. Louis. I can't believe how warm it is on the first Sunday in January! We took a walk around a neighborhood in our area with beautiful houses and it got me thinking how much I enjoy just getting out. I know it'll get cold again before spring really happens, but I do plan on taking as much advantage of this warmth before it's done. I have got to get myself moving again. It seems that since mid November I haven't really been doing a whole lot of physical activity and I'm so ready to get back into it. Here's the thing though, I get bored of doing the same things. Plus, I have to find activities that I can do with Charlotte. Also, I have to do them for free since I don't really want to spend money on it. That makes my options go down dramatically. I'm for sure going out running as long as this weather keeps up though. It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow!

Our two week break was awesome. We tried to fit in everything and everyone we possibly could, which made for three really tired people when we got home yesterday. I finally feel normal again at 2 today. We went sledding while we were in Washington and it was alternately fun and terrifying. Dan's sister's in-laws live a ways into the country in an area with rolling hills so we had the best runs that weren't covered with people. It was awesome. It wasn't awesome when Dan and I went down the hill on a tube going backwards and then hit the jump at the bottom and landed on our heads. I've decided that I've got to get a whole lot braver when my daughter is old enough to notice because I don't want her to be scared of everything.

Hope everyone is having a great New Year!

No comments: