Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Birthday Eve

Last night I looked at the budget and with a little re-arranging I made it so that we can still eat, get a new alternator for the Honda, and get Dan clamps for his birthday! Hooray! It'll be tight, but I feel so powerful for making it work. Today Charlotte and I went to get the clamps for Daddy and she decided that we should probably let Daddy pick out the clamps instead of getting them ourselves. There were so many of them and they were all so shiny and fun to reach for, but when we almost knocked a pile off the hooks we decided it was time to go. Plus, then he gets to go to the Home Depot even more!

Saturday is his test. He seems pretty confident, but we all still need to have positive thoughts for him.

1 comment:

TRS said...

Good for you! What clever and good wife.

I love that you and Dan are the sort that appreciate thoughtful gifts without getting outrageous on the spending.

For my birthday, BF got me memory for my computer. He had a touch of remorse because it was a 'practical' gift.
But the fact that he knew I needed it and wasn't looking forward to shopping for it myself - and that more memory would allow me to play with my photography more - made it a VERY THOUGHTFUL Gift!
Way better than perfume or something!!