Wednesday, January 16, 2008

leftovers

Do you eat leftovers?

Before Dan I never ate leftovers, that is, unless my mom cunningly disguised them as something new all together. That means that the leftovers weren't really leftovers they were re-dos. So in the end I never ate leftovers. Dan eats leftovers. Leftovers are part and parcel of our medical school experience and I ate leftovers for lunch and dinner yesterday and lunch the day before. I don't like it. Not one bit. But I do it. Is there anything that you do because of circumstance? Or because it would drive your spouse insane if you didn't do it?

5 comments:

Desmama said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog a while back. I've been meaning to surf on over here and check out yours.

I used to hate eating leftovers, and it's still not my favorite thing to do, but I realize how much food we waste if we don't eat them. Plus, I have to remind myself that nothing looks good cold, so heating it up makes a difference in its appetizing-ness.

Anth said...

My husband eats all the leftovers. I am picky about leftovers and will only eat certain ones. But I have to make sure and eat lunch early, or he will come home for lunch and scarf it all down.

He is very handy that way. It reduces the amount of food we waste.

TRS said...

I always used to eat leftovers. Now, it depends on what they are.

I lived with my cousins for 6 months... and when I was getting ready for work in the mornings, I would ask if I could take leftovers for lunch. She was so thrilled that I was eating leftovers because they don't enjoy them!

I think leftovers are better if someone else made the dish.
When I make a big dish and have to eat from it all week - I get sick of it fast.

Katie said...

I don't like eating leftovers at all, but I do like the no-extra-dishes aspect of having leftover night.

Plus, the ear doctor really likes eating leftovers. He'll usually end up taking them all to work for lunch. That way I don't have to eat them.

It works out nicely.

Anonymous said...

What are leftovers?