Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Ba-ack

Well, Charlotte and I made it back from vacation! It sure was fun. (And also the longest and hardest week I've had yet with the baby.) I haven't caught up quite yet and we're leaving Wednesday for Colorado. Dan's Spring Break is this week so I'm spending time with him. Also, his grandma had a stroke so we're going to go see them in the big CO. All this is my excuse for not posting any of the fun stuff that happened as of late. I would just post photos of the trip, but my sister took 169 photos on my camera the first three days of the trip so I've got a LOT of sorting, tossing and editing to do. She's so much better at taking photos than I am. I always enjoy the moments and forget to click the camera. The batteries ran out four days into the trip so the sum total of photos that I took is 3. I wish I had taken our video camera. She did so many funny things on the trip. Then again, I probably wouldn't have wanted to get the video camera out anyway.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry I went a little nuts. The picture mom took of the two of you on the carosel at Knott's berry farm would be a great 1 year photo to send out!

Mary Jo said...

Hi Maggie just delurking to say Hi and I really enjoy your blog! I have a son around the same age as your daughter and will be moving to the st. louis area at the end of this month. I know you have mentioned that the zoo is free but what other places do you suggest to visit as a family or with a small child?

Maggie said...

Oooh! One of my new favorite topics! Here are my recommendations for free places:
The Science Center
Botanical Gardens (free Wednesday and Saturday if you live in the area)
The Loop-sort of shopping area but it has the walk of fame that's sort of fun to discover
Grant's farm (parking isn't free)
Whittle Shortline Railroad
St. Louis Mills-best indoor mall big toy area
Daniel Boone Home-it's a drive to get there, but fun to see

Non-free places:
Monkey Joes
Gateway Arch
City Museum-not an actual museum
Magic House

Plus, there's about a billion more things that I haven't even been to yet that I hear are great. I have a little book I got when I moved here called Favorite Places to go with Kids in St. Louis by Ann Seebeck and I love it. When we have an afternoon to fill I just open it up point to a page and then go. Plus, there are TONS of awesome, individual parks here with cool big toys. Kirkwood Park, Forrest Park, Tower Grove Park, Busch Memorial Wildlife Area. Give me an email and I'll tell you more. Welcome to a very family friendly city! (email MaggieJoW@gmaildotcom)