Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blowing It

My spending money philosophy makes me feel like a tiny mouse that searches and stores up all the seeds it finds all summer. Then went I feel like I have enough I will spend it all at once. I've been saving since before Christmas. Yesterday I decided it was time to let the money flow. Those few days of guilt free spending are such a delight I will be saving for months in order to have them. Today I went shopping with two friends and I purchased:
These jeans (from gap) are super cute, but no I can't bring myself to wear high heels with jeans. My jeans are for comfort, not dress up.


These pants (also gap) are so cute and perfect for summer! They were the first ones I tried on and they fit perfectly! None of the other white pants I even tried on fit me right. In an unexpected turn of events I'm back down to my pre-baby pant size! I don't really feel like I'm back to my pre baby pant size, but the numbers don't lie. I kept picking out a size bigger for myself, but then they didn't fit and I had to go down a size.

So I still have money to spend after that! I'm thinking of getting new undershirts from Shade clothing and perhaps a new spring dress. I love when it comes time to blow my spending money! It feels good to get something for myself without worry about bills, my daughter, or, well, food. After today I'll be back to my regular thriftiness, but today felt oh so good.

6 comments:

Anth said...

Cute pants!

And Shade is having a good sale right now, lots of shirts for $6 and $8.

TRS said...

Ooh. Congratulations! on the shopping AND the pre-baby size!

Um... I wear boots with 3 inch heels with jeans all the time.
I don't find jeans comfortable... yoga pants are comfortable... and you're right - I would never wear my yoga pants with heels.

Jeans are for looking fabulous. Heels are for looking fabulous. They go together if you like it that way! Understandable if you don't.

TRS said...

but then... I think 3 inch heels are comfortable too!!

Maggie said...

I think 3 inch heels are for looking fabulouos, but not necessarily for comfort. The heels and jeans is just one style that I've never been able to get into. But I do think that women that pull it off do look fabulous.

TRS said...

from what I can tell, you're tall - so that may be one reason you don't embrace heels.

I'm not trying to change minds. Just sharing what's on mine.

I'm so excited about your potential house!

Maggie said...

Thanks. I'm excited too, but oh so nervous! We put in our offer earlier today and now we just have to wait and see. YIKES!