Friday, October 31, 2008

Dear Barak Obama Campaign,

I realize that the election is coming up here quickly. And also that it's important. And also that Missouri is a swing state and thus my vote really matters. I appreciate you're reminding me.

But,

Do you really think I need two strangers coming to my door to tell me that this week? Also, do you think I need to have a phone call from another stranger that happens to come just as I'm putting my toddler down for her nap? Really, it would mean more to me that you cared about my daughter's nap time and thus my mental health by letting me be than by telling me to get out and vote.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Voter

***Update: Since I wrote this post, another visitor came to my door for the Obama campaign on Saturday. That was three visits in one week. Also we got called on the phone twice on Saturday. That was kind of exciting though because one time it was actually Obama on the other end of the line! Boy don't you wish you lived in St. Louis now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How annoying!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you tell them that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that you were voting for their candidate?

Nate

Anonymous said...

Oh and Mormons going door to door isn't annoying?

Maggie said...

Anon,
Point taken. After reading your comment I went back and re-read my post and it made me laugh to see how it sounded just like the missionaries. Anyway, my complaint is not with the contacts themselves, but simply with the frequency of these contacts. (And in some cases I guess the agressiveness of the people.) The two strangers were two different contacts, in one week. Actually if you count up how many times we've been contacted by the Obama campaign at our front door since January it totals out at 7. (Which I don't know if that counts because we moved in that amount of time.) Most of those being in the last month. All I'm saying is enough is enough already. I say you have the right to feel the same way about the missionaries if you want to.

Nate,
I think you know me well enough to know that I would never say somethihng like that to a stranger.

Maggie

Katie said...

Good one, Anon! That really made me chuckle.