Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Service Opportunity

One of my very best friends in the whole wide world recently had her first baby.  Her mom isn't coming out to see her and help with the new one for a few days so some of the other girls in our group have banded together to help her.  Our plan is simple.  Everyone helping has a toddler themselves.  The person going over to help drops their child off at a different home and then helps with the baby while their child is getting looked after.  Today is my turn to help her, but you want to know the honest truth about this whole situation?  I'm LOVING having an afternoon without a toddler clamoring for entertainment.  It is so relaxing.  So right now I'm giving "loads" of help to my friend and receiving loads of help from my friend.  Today is so great.

2 comments:

TRS said...

That is awesome! What a great idea.

Maggie said...

And we so so so appreciate the loads of help. We honestly couldn't have gotten to today (the arrival of Mom!!!) without you.