Monday, May 04, 2009

Anticipating

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. My awesome sister-in-law came into town last week and we were having too much of a good time for me to sit down and write something. Then I realized that some of you might be wondering if I went into labor. The answer to that one is no. Saturday I went a bit crazy cleaning the house, mopping the floors, and doing the laundry. For some reason I thought that I would go into labor today, and finally, I was OK with that idea. Then the sniffles that Charlotte got on Saturday turned into a full blown cold last night complete with coughing until she threw up. So now I'm back to thinking that I could totally wait until my due date. Because then Charlotte will probably be over the worst of this little cold. And also I'll have time to Clorox the house. I just really only want to have to deal with one ultra needy kid at a time if I can help it. (Like I can help it.)

Anyway, that's not what I was going to talk about today. Today I was going to talk about how my sister-in-law coming made me realize how blessed I am with the family that I've got. She marked the start of a two month on and off rotation of family members coming to help with the baby. I was worried at first that she would think we're really boring, but once I realized that she was here to visit us and help rather than see the sights of St. Louis I calmed down and we had a great time. I am seriously so blessed to have my family and my husband's family so willing to come and help out. Especially since my husband is kicking into high gear worrying/studying for step 1 of the boards. Or as I like to call it, the one test that will determine the rest of his carreer. Anyway, I don't know exactly how to say thank you to all of them who have come or are coming out to help because I'm overwhelmed with their kindness and generosity. Thank you to all of you!

No comments: