Tuesday, May 05, 2009

False Alarm

So yesterday I did approximately 12 loads of laundry (explanation for that is puking one night and then wetting the bed during the nap the next day on top of it being laundry day anyway). For each load of laundry I have to walk up and down two flights of stairs one and a half times. Also, I decided that I'd better wash all the windows and dust everything because there's absolutely no way I'm going to do that after the baby gets here. Is that nesting, realizing how lazy I've been on those tasks, or preparing for the house to be "grandma clean?" I'm not sure. On top of that my zombie like sick child wanted a whole lot of carry/cuddle me time. Plus, I decided to take bleach solution to anything and everything I thought my two year old had touched in the past 48 hours. I don't want that sort of thing hanging around my house. I bet you all wish you were me right now.

For some reason I just had a burst of energy yesterday and felt like I shouldn't waist a minute of it. I did not slow down for one second until making dinner. I was on the phone with my mom when I realized that I wasn't just achy from having done said physical labor all day long, I was having contractions. Painful contractions. I shouldn't have said anything to my mom because it got all her hopes up which in turn started my worrying. I really really did not want to drop off a sick child in the middle of the night to one of our friends houses. That just spelled disaster to me. The contractions never really went away all evening long so I decided to err on the side of caution and called a friend up just to give her a heads up in case we had to head in. So then I got her hopes up too.

Nothing happened. The pain and contractions eventually went away at around 3 AM when I had to get up to pee for the 4th time last night. Also Charlotte slept through the night without coughing so she's on the mend.

So now that my house is clean, my daughter is getting better, and I've had serious contractions I'm ready. I want this little one out. Let's get this show on the road. But I'm not telling anyone until it actually is on the road.

No comments: