Thursday, May 06, 2010

History Lesson via Daddy's Quilt

Remember the NFL quilt that sneaked it's way onto our bed? Well, once it was on there it never really left. Except for in the summer when we only need one quilt on the bed. To which Dan replies that I'm crazy for wanting the AC on during the day and yet sleeping with a quilt on at night. I know I am, but at least I haven't turned on the AC right Dan? Right?

The other day Charlotte and I were cuddling in bed and she kept pointing to the pictures asking me about them. Some were easy, but others weren't. Call me crazy, but the logos have changed since before I was born. Plus, it looked like there were three different kind of pirates on that thing and I'm pretty sure there aren't three different NFL teams with pirate mascots. So I told her to just ask Daddy since it's his quilt anyway.

Sunday I'm in the bathroom doing my hair and Charlotte asks Daddy about the quilt. They spent a half hour talking about the quilt. Turns out that there's a lot of American history tied up in that quilt. All about the patriots, and the red skins (and how we don't call them that anymore). There was more, but I was only half listening. I learned that there are indeed two teams with basically pirates so at least I wasn't too far out of it.

Amazing what a quilt can do.

4 comments:

dad said...

Nice job. Football is boring isn't it?

Dan's mom said...

I'm sure football quilts counteract Barbie.......
Contact us through the office email if you need us these next 2 1/2weeks.

Mary Jo said...

That reminded me of back in Jan. I bought Jack some super hero underwear that he picked out and when we got home he was asking everyone's name and growing up with only sisters I could only name Spiderman and told him he was going to have to wait for dad to get home. They spent a good half hour talking about their names and super powers etc.....

Rita said...

speaking of quilts, I really want the pattern to that one on your couch. :)