Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Pool That Daddy Bought

When it got hot here in March I wanted to buy a new pool for the kids. Dan wouldn't let me because the pools I was looking at were the small blow up kind. He said that Suzie, the cat, would pop them and we would just be wasting our money. He had a point. So I didn't buy one. We made do with storage bins with water in them as water tables. Then it got cold and it wasn't an issue.



We kept our eyes open and my friend told me they had the kind we were looking for at Walmart. We headed out and bought just exactly the pool Dan wanted. I was sure glad we had it on Saturday. Summer officially hit St. Louis with and 83 degree sunny and humid day. We spent the day out in our little pool.

Yes, the little pool has a slide! The water started out clean and clear, but there was so much re-applying of sunscreen it ended the day hazy. We emptied it.Greg kept trying to climb the slide and then slipping and face planting into the water. It didn't bother him enough to stop trying. I had to get into the pool to keep him from drowning.


Saturday was one of those magical times with my kids where life is good and you remember what it felt like to have summer last forever.





3 comments:

Behrmans said...

love the pictures and video

Dan's mom said...

Daddy did a good job & mommy got some great pictures. We woke to to 33 degrees this morning. I don't know if it will ever warm up this spring in Spokane.

Mindy said...

I love the way he leans over, just a little bit, to get up the momentum to slide on down. And I love love love that pool! Thanks for letting us hang out with you and play!