Saturday, January 07, 2012

Bunk Beds

Remember when I decided that our kids needed bunk beds upstairs? (Charlotte doesn't really want to be sleeping downstairs by herself right now and both kids actually sleep better when they're in the same room.) And that I thought Dan would be able to make nicer bunk beds than we could find for either the same price or cheaper? And that I wanted him to have them done NOW? Then I told him about it and he said, "Umm....no." We looked around for a while and didn't like anything we saw.

Well, now that Dan has finished his orthopedics rotation he has decided, "I could make nice bunk beds that we like for about the same price or cheaper." Doesn't that sound familiar. I'm thrilled. Also? I'm excited about the plan that he's decided to make and I think the kids will love it.

The only problem with the whole situation is how to decorate it. Greg loves airplanes and cars (I was thinking those art deco/retro airplane and car prints) and Charlotte loves pink and princesses (how does someone do that sort of thing in a subtle way) and then we'll have a baby boy on top of that. Do I try to put all ideas in there? Do I just ignore Charlotte because someday she'll be sleeping in the basement? Or do I just do nothing? Knowing me it'll probably be that last option.

At least we're going to have an awesome bunk bed.

3 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Neutral bed color & then let them have what they want for quilts or bedspreads. Probably won't co-ordinate or match very well right now but they will each have their "own" bed. I found that if they have a sense of "ownership" it was easier to get them to take care of their own things - like making the bed. You might use a mid-range blue for a base color & let them go from there.
Have you discussed "Benjamin"? - I could see Greggie having abrother called Benjamin. It was the father's name on Bonanza for the western slant......

dad said...

Dan will make excellant beds, the boy has talent.

Anonymous said...

Is there wall paper with a princess in an airplane? or Perhaps each have their own bedspread. Who cares if the colors don't match just so they are happy. g-jane