Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Christmas Presents

Highlights and unexpected delights from Christmas presents that I can remember right now:

1. Uncle Garrett and Aunt Katie got Greg a Junior Stomp Rocket. I kept it in the box thinking it would be a great spring/summer toy for outside. Well, today we ran out of activities so I opened the box. As I write this I can hear the thud, scream, run run run of Greg delightedly stomping that rocket into the air inside the house upstairs. Instead of pointing it up we pointed it to the side and he LOVES it.

2. Santa (aka my parents) gave Charlotte a reproduction Chatty Cathy for Christmas. I was nervous about this toy since up until now Charlotte has paid minimal attention to any doll we've given her. Now that she's four and a half though she has realized that she can change her dolls clothing by herself. This opened up a whole new world of play for her. If it's quiet and she's nowhere to be seen I can just peak into her room and see her changing her doll or doing her doll's hair or putting her doll down for a nap.

3. Speaking of dolls, Dan's parents gave Charlotte a new snow suit for her baby doll and an infant carrier for it. With the resurgence of interest in changing and playing with dolls this one has once again become a beloved member of Charlotte's "family." We had to take her in her car seat with us on all of our errands the other day.

4. Lego duplo is awesome for both of my kids. Greg loves the Lego Lightening and Charlotte loves to make houses. It works for both of them to play with together.

5. I mentioned Greg's new fascination with monster trucks. This started because my mom got him a new monster truck book. He loves that book. He carries it around with him.

6. Zingo is a fun family game that even Greg can play. Charlotte always suggests we play that when she's bored and it's great because even though Greg probably wont win anytime soon, he's already getting better at recognizing matches. Charlotte however plays that game cut throat style so don't cross her.

There have been so very many more delights and surprises with our presents this year, but I can't remember them right now. Plus, the stomping upstairs has stopped and it's eerily quiet. I need to go up and investigate before something of mine is broken. We are so grateful for all the gifts that we got this Christmas.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad he likes the rocket. It seemed so fun to me when I saw it...

Nurse Graham said...

Yay for Zingo being a hit.