Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time to Share

Charlotte's at preschool and Greg and Dan are napping. The house is so quiet so I thought I'd sit down and write a few things I've been wanting to share. First, Charlotte got her hair cut. Greg got his cut over Christmas with Grandpa and the experience made her want to get hers cut. (She wanted to go to the barbershop, but we found a nice place in the mall that gives a discount for resident doctors. She got a sucker at the end so I think she thought it was just as good.) Daddy is sad to see the length gone, but Charlotte is thrilled that she doesn't have to sit through de-tangling so much. Here's an after shot of her hair.
And because he looks so stinking cute with chocolate pudding on his face here's Greg with his new big boy haircut. Mommy is still pining away for the curls, but Greg is thrilled that he almost never has to get his hair combed.
Katie said she needed a shot of my growing proportions so here it is. Taken last week so at 28 weeks. Can you believe that I still have to get bigger before I'm done? I sort of can't. Also, my belly button is decidedly off center at this point. Who knew my babies like to grow on my right side.

Remember how Greg wouldn't wear a coat? Every time we had to leave the house it was a battle of wills that he was quite frankly winning. Grandma got him a new bigger coat and with one monumental battle I won the coat fight. Who knew that once I won the coat fight I would also win the snow pants fight and the mitten fight? He also realized that if you zip the coat all the way to the top it can cover half your face from the freezing wind. Here are the kids dressed for sledding in our backyard a few days back. We took Charlotte's new sled that Grandpa made her out for it's inaugural run. That thing is pretty zippy and when you hook Percie's leash around the bar she will pull it up the hill for you. Charlotte thought that was a great system to use.

I'm feeling pretty great about the pregnancy so far. The little guy is a healthy mover. He kicks even more than Charlotte did. He never stops moving. Ever. Which is weird after Greg who was not really a mover at all. I wonder how that will translate into his personality later on. I feel like I have been blessed with reasonable children thus far. Then again, I'm sure I'll love him no matter what. At night when I wake up to go to the bathroom I will lay back down and try to sleep, but I must have samba music playing in my stomach because he is just so active.

I'm starting to feel the urge and desire to get things set up for our little guy. Mostly I just wish we had a name. I don't know why it seems so much harder this time around than last, but it 100% is. The kids have even started throwing out names at the breakfast table for us to talk about. Their ideas can be pretty amusing sometimes, but they also have come up with some pretty good ideas. Also, I want to have the kids' bedroom painted, but that probably wont happen because I am again fairly uninspired at the moment.

You know what I do find inspiring, watching Dan build those bunk beds. He was going to place the hand holds even and symmetric along the foot of the bed because he's a perfect example of his family's tendency to do just that sort of thing. Then he decided that it might look more fun (and I thought it might be a bit easier) to have them be random. He couldn't bring himself to put them at random so he brought Charlotte out to the garage and had her place then. They look great. Charlotte pointed out that the shape of the cut-outs looks like jelly beans and as soon as she said that I saw it too. Now I silently call it the jelly bean bed to myself. I'm sure once all the pieces are put together it'll look great.

7 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Sorry- guess I'm guilty on the "can't do ramdon" thing. I can appreciate it, just can't do it. I'm sure the kids will love the jelly beans bunk beds & how clever of their daddy to find a solution to the "random" aversion. Loved the coat pictures - they look like true Minnesotans!

Katie said...

Wow, your little guy kind of looks like Timmy's little guy in that picture!

dad said...

Tim's Sean and Greg could pass as brothers.
Happy the kids like the sled.

dad said...

MONSTER JAM FEB 17

Mindy said...

LOVE the belly pictures. I was just telling Lindsey the other day how weird it will be for me to come to MN and you have another baby...after I have missed your whole pregnancy. You look so stinkin' cute, and I'm glad you're feeling well. Thanks for the pictures. I can't believe how big your kids are. I love them.

Nurse Graham said...

I love Charlotte's exuberance in one of your belly shots. Totally cracked me up when I saw that. Greggie looks so "old" with his new short hair cut.

Dan's mom said...

Here's a breakfast discussion name : Wilbur Owen Whiting. his initials could be WOW!....I had trouble getting back to sleep after a nighttime bathroom trip & my mind wandered & free associated with Charlotte. I'll blame it on that.