Monday, February 20, 2012

The Bests

We got back from vacation yesterday. As we were driving home from the airport I asked everyone what their favorite parts to the trip were. The responses were as follows:

Charlotte: Build A Bear workshop. No real surprise there. She was the only kid in the store and clearly loving it. Also she slept with it as well as the stuffed animals she brought along with her on the trip after acquiring Isabella Claire, the beloved pink bear.

Greg: Simply stated flying on the airplane. This surprised me since he loved the monster truck jam and talked about it for days afterward. (And also watched the video grandpa took with his phone for days.) I think this was just the most recent event in his mind so that's what came out.

Dan: Ice skating. Also kind of surprising since he's not much of an ice skater. I think he enjoyed finally being able to see Charlotte's skills (even though she didn't really show them off because she was so tired) and helping Greg with his first ever ice skating experience. The two of them on the ice was about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.

Me: Getting to sew with my mom. I tend to forget how much I enjoy sewing and then I tend to not do it. Then life happens and my sewing room gets filled up with construction storage and I can't sew. It was a good reminder.

Now I've got birthdays to celebrate (Mine then Charlotte's then the baby's, hopefully in that order). On that note I thought I'd share that we have finally compromised to an acceptable name. Lee Dalton. Ta-da!

2 comments:

dad said...

Thanks for a great visit. My favorite part was getting together with all of us ie Craig and Leanne.

Mindy said...

I LOVE the name! I don't think I can put enough exclamation points on that one. I'm so excited to meet him, and I can't wait to hold him. Will you call him Lee or Dalton?

Seriously, good name. You guys are good at names.

Also, Gunner was talking the other day on the way to his swimming lessons about how Charlotte takes ice skating lessons. I think he's eager to swap tales and skills.