Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Snow Day

Last night it snowed. This was not the usual dry Minnesota snow. This snow was exactly like the snow I had on the west side of Washington growing up. It was heavy and wet and I knew it would melt before the end of the day. In other words, it was perfect snowman snow. We took advantage of it to use our snowman making kit Charlotte got from a friend for Christmas.
We made snowballs, and snow angels, and then used what the kids call the "fast sled" to sled down the hill in our backyard. When we (read: Greg) were cold we decided it was time to go inside.
Greg did NOT want his picture taken right after sledding, but he was so cute I couldn't help myself.
Then, of course, I had to get a shot of these beautiful brown eyes. Have you ever seen such a wonderful shade of brown? I've only seen it one other time. (hint: she gets them from her dad)

In other news, I decided to call our homeowners insurance agency today to talk about maybe making a claim to fix our moldy bedroom. A claims agent will be by on Monday and we'll know more then. Fingers crossed it will be worth the effort and they will agree to give us money to fix the room.

2 comments:

Dan's mom said...

I see that Greggie consented to wear his winter coat for the snow adventure. Way to go, Greggie! Not only do we miss you now that you've all returned to Minnesota, the doggies keep looking for the kids!

Katie said...

You're right. She has the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen