Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Jibblies

Here are some things that give me the jibblies:
  • Today I delivered a box of crickets to the science building on campus. The sound of them all moving around in the wood chips in the box just gave me the jibblies.
  • I also delivered a box of worms. They were clinging to the mesh side of the cage. They weren't the night crawler worms that are long and kind of friendly looking, they were only one inch long and gross kind of maggoty looking.
  • I delivered a box of ladybugs to the Administration Building. This wouldn't usually be in the list of things that give me the jibblies, but it reminded me of ladybug hatching week at the golf course I worked at. The sound of millions of lady bugs in a cubic foot is just gross. They land on your hair and in your ears and up your nose. I haven't ever really enjoyed them in any great quantity after that. Really any bug that becomes overpowering just is gross. So they gave me the jibblies.
  • My new ENGL 316 class sounds like it's going to be really hard because I'm taking it spring term. I don't really know though (sometimes I exaggerate when I first recieve the syllabus.) Another little tidbit is that I'm taking it from Prof. Zimmerman, the wife of my Biochem professor last term! YIKES! I didn't really like the husband, I hope I like the wife.

Yeah, that's pretty much the list of things that gave me the jibblies today. In case any of you were wondering, the jibblies are NOT, I repeat NOT, diarrhea which is what my fiance thought it sounded like. The jibblies is just a gross feeling or general malaise.

1 comment:

Katie said...

English 316 was a breeze when I took it, althought I didn't take it in the spring. I'm sure you'll whizz through. You're in there with a bunch of kids who would never even attempt to take an O-chem calss, so I'm sure you'll rise to the top!