Monday, April 11, 2005

Mattie

This weekend my family met my roommate's new boyfriend. They also met my sister's new boyfriend, but that's another story. Anyway, Mattie, as we like to call him, is a funny, funny guy. People just like this kid because he is such a charmer. I knew that my sister would like him even before they met. He's got her type of humor. Anyway, Katie sometimes doesn't really like people for an inexplicable reason (which is very rare). When this happens she says, "He/She just rubs me the wrong way." This common phrase was adapted for her encounter with Mattie, "He just rubs me the right way." I told Mattie Katie had said this and he says, "I rub a lot of people the right way." I hope that Heather isn't jealous of all this rubbing. Speaking of which I bet Mattie owes her a nice back rub this evening!

13 comments:

Heather said...

I don't want him rubbing anyone! Although I'm not opposed to a nice back rub.
I think Mattie's pretty okay...I'm glad you wrote a post about him.

Someone who rubs me the right way: Maggie--we live in a very intimate setting...

Anonymous said...

I guess my days of rubbing are over. Heather has laid the smack down. Those... those were good days...

Anonymous said...

P.S. Am I really her "new" boyfriend? Just wondering what the time frame is on something like that...

Katie said...

I like Matt. I think he's cool. He rubs me the right way.

So there Heather!

Heather said...

I'll rub you!

Matt you'll always be my "new boyfriend" to Maggie. I'm okay with it as long as you're never my old boyfriend.

Maggie said...

It's like my mom's definition of "new" jeans. They're the new ones until you get more. Then they're the old ones. It has nothing to do with time, whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I like to avoid anything that describes me as "old" anyway.
P.S. It's because I'm really old...

Heather said...

Oh, man. He is really old...

Maggie said...

I like that my site is automatically funnier once Sir Mattie gets involved.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I've been knighted. Just like Elton John!

Heather said...

Elton John, ewww. You are not like Elton John, sicko!

Maggie said...

"Mic Jagger" however you spell that name, has been knighted too!

Anonymous said...

If you're gonna call me "Sir Mattie" there needs to be a full title. Like, "Sir Mattie the Dragon Slayer" or "Sir Mattie the Pimp Daddy." Like they had in olden-tymes.