Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good
  • This week I recieved my wedding announcements. I was waiting for my sister to call me and tell me she got it and to give me a critique on mine, but I guess that is a service you have to ask for.
  • I got in a car accident today. Usually this wouldn't be put in the good category, but I wasn't driving, nobody got hurt, and it was in the big BYU Mail Services van so Michelle, my co-worker isn't going to have to pay insurance on it. All in all I got to have about a half hour of paid break because of it. I figure for me, it's pretty good. Plus, we made some pretty funny jokes about it afterward. I wanted to tell people that we hit a pregnant lady (she was pregnant), but she's only 4 months pregnant, and we didn't actually hit her, just the end of her car. Plus we were going pretty slow. Anyway, when I get a good way to tell the story, I'll let you all know.

The bad

  • Two nights ago I had a dream. My mom and I were together and we found out that a big fire was coming toward us (nobody else knew) and before that a big flood would come. We fireproofed our trailer (somehow we owned a trailer, I'm not sure where that came from) and then we decided that we should go get Katie, my sister. Well we must have been in CO because the outside of her work looked like where she really does work (or at least the place I've seen). We went inside to find her, but she wasn't at the place she usually is. So we split up looking for her, Mom went up and I went down. I found her in some sort of basement under the building that is connected to the sewer (VERY Teen-Age-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-esque) when I found her I knew that the flood was about to come on us so I held on to something but her and three of her co-workers were flushed to this hanging precipice where they were all clinging from a ladder. I'll be honest with you here, I only really wanted to save my sister, but she was on the bottom so I saved one of her co-workers. Then another one of them fell into the deep hole where I can assume that she died. So there's only my sister and this middle-aged overweight man hanging on the ladder. I decided that there was no way I could lift this guy to get to my sister. I made him promise me that he would make sure Katie was OK while I went and got my mom for help. We came back down and pulled the man to safety and learned that he had indeed let my sister fall. I was so furious with this man. I kicked him the the groin and then woke up. I was still so mad at that man. I hope that I never meet her co-workers because it sounds like they're all middle-aged overweight men. Yes, my sister died in my dream. That is why this is in the bad category.

The Ugly

  • Well, after a story like that I'm exhausted. I don't know what to write for the ugly so that'll just have to come later. Like after my nap on the library chairs.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I still haven't recieved your announcment yet, hence the no phone call.

Scary...you let me fall?

Maggie said...

No, the big fat man had you pinned behind the ladder so I had to get him out to save you. I couldn't lift him by myself, hence Mom's help. When I came back HE let you fall. The big jerk!